Welcome to the Official Site of The Less Desirables!
The Premiere Pop Culture Podcast of North Carolina, the Southeast, America, and beyond!
The Less Desirables is a weekly podcast by Brian Attridge, Tim Beeman and Eugene Sims recorded every Wednesday. We cover an expansive array of topics, featuring movies, new music, TV, the latest sports news, technology, all washed down with a “Beer of the Week.” The idea is to give our audience a recap of the previous week’s news, while simultaneously previewing the upcoming week. We have a local, North Carolina flavor geared towards a national audience, but we never lose sight of our community. Check out our weekly shows in the “Podcasts” section, or you can download any and all of our podcasts for free on iTunes, Stitcher, Podcast Pickle, and Podfeed.
The Less Desirables, a pun on both the hosts themselves and the method to obtain the podcast material, scrape the scintillating news that falls under the mainstream radar. Today, with corporate media continuously pursuing the hottest story, The Less Desirables’ goal is not to be in the national news race. Through quality reporting with humor sprinkled in, our objective is to promote the people and organizations that are making a difference on both the local and national platforms regardless of their fame.
You can also follow The Less Desirables through our various social media links and blogs. However, it begs the question…
Is it Wednesday yet?
August 13th - Cary Clifford of Camino Bakery! Podcast available tonight at 10:00 p.m.!
August 6th – Ryan Blain from Small Batch Beer Company sat down with us this week to discuss the brewery’s first year in business, their venture into food, and what beers we might see next at the Winston-Salem establishment. Join us for an in-depth conversation about beer, food, and continued downtown growth on Fifth Street.
Ryan was kind enough to pay overtime for babysitting, and join us for pop culture fellowship:
- Eugene‘s last findings in the TV world.
- Brian discusses the Lyft Line app for carpooling in Tech.
- Tim runs down the latest list of Blu-Ray releases, and the boys discuss his Movie of the Week in detail, “Jimi Hendrix: Hear That Train A Rollin’.”
- MLB Trading Deadline assessment, and is Tiger Woods done in Sports.
- New music, and a favorably-reviewed song, “Whiskey and a Guitar” by Cactus Black.
- Erie Brewing Company’s Railbender Ale is your Beer of the Week!
July 30th - Lisa Johnson from Fire Lilly Creations Photography stopped in our studio this week to discuss her “unique” photography, and graphic design services. Lisa goes the extra mile with her photography, and loves to incorporate nature into the scene. Learn all about her business in this week’s show!
Backed by a live audience, the guys discuss this week’s pop culture topics:
- Eugene has the latest and greatest on the TV front.
- New music, and a song by Suitcase, titled, “Raining for Hours.”
- Brian previews NFL training camps as they kicked off this week.
- Tim has your new movies list, and reviews his Movie of the Week, “The Jewel of the Nile.”
- In Tech, we discuss EA’s venture into streaming its video games.
- He’Brew’s Messiah Nut Brown Ale is your Beer of the Week!