Welcome to the Official Site of The Less Desirables!
The Premiere Pop Culture Podcast of North Carolina, the Southeast, America, and beyond!
The Less Desirables is a weekly podcast by Brian Attridge, Tim Beeman and Eugene Sims recorded every Wednesday. We cover an expansive array of topics, featuring movies, new music, TV, the latest sports news, technology, all washed down with a “Beer of the Week.” The idea is to give our audience a recap of the previous week’s news, while simultaneously previewing the upcoming week. We have a local, North Carolina flavor geared towards a national audience, but we never lose sight of our community. Check out our weekly shows in the “Podcasts” section, or you can download any and all of our podcasts for free on iTunes, Podcast Pickle, or Podfeed.
The Less Desirables, a pun on both the hosts themselves and the method to obtain the podcast material, scrape the scintillating news that falls under the mainstream radar. Today, with corporate media continuously pursuing the hottest story, The Less Desirables’ goal is not to be in the national news race. Through quality reporting with humor sprinkled in, our objective is to promote the people and organizations that are making a difference on both the local and national platforms regardless of their fame.
You can also follow The Less Desirables through our various social media links and blogs. However, it begs the question…
Is it Wednesday yet?
Latest Podcast – Gary Taylor of the Winston-Salem Festival Ballet
May 15th – Gary Taylor, Founder and Artistic Director of the Winston-Salem Festival Ballet, joined us on this week’s show to discuss the dance performances of his company. Learn all about the choreography, planning, and styles of the dances performed by the W-S Festial Ballet, and how you can see them live this fall at various venues around town!
We also danced around some pop culture topics in the show as well…
- Tim has your newest releases, including his Current/Non-Current Movie of the Week, “Kiss of the Spider Woman.”
- Eugene has your latest TV cancellations, and ‘what to watch for’ on the tube this week.
- Brian breaks down the first month and a half of the baseball season, and the disappointments of the Los Angeles teams.
- New music, including a song by Vanity Police, “Hey Loser.”
- The latest Google Map is discussed in Technology.
- 2xSteam by Southern Tier is your Beer of the Week!
May 8th – Lead vocalist & guitarist Philip Pledger and drummer Drew Braden of Winston-Salem-based music group Estrangers joined us live in Studio 3A tonight to play a few tracks off their new record! Be sure to tune-in to learn more about this “classic pop” sounding band, as they play acoustic versions of “Mrs. Bee” and “Cape Fear.” The band is set to release its newest EP, “Season of 1000 Colors” next month.
Aside from the music, we also have your regularly-scheduled pop culture topics!
- Eugene gives us the low-down on season finales, such as The Office, and touches on the end of “Cops” on Fox.
- Brian brings you up to date on the NHL and NBA Playoffs.
- Tim has your newest movie releases, and reviews his Current/Non-Current Movie of the Week, “Beverly Hills Cop.”
- We discuss Adobe’s Creative Cloud suite in Tech.
- Duck Rabbit’s Hoppy Bunny American Black Ale is your Beer of the Week!