Welcome to the Official Site of The Less Desirables!
The Premiere Pop Culture Podcast of North Carolina, the Southeast, America, and beyond!
The Less Desirables is a weekly podcast by Brian Attridge, Tim Beeman and Eugene Sims recorded every Wednesday. We cover an expansive array of topics, featuring movies, new music, TV, the latest sports news, technology, all washed down with a “Beer of the Week.” The idea is to give our audience a recap of the previous week’s news, while simultaneously previewing the upcoming week. We have a local, North Carolina flavor geared towards a national audience, but we never lose sight of our community. Check out our weekly shows in the “Podcasts” section, or you can download any and all of our podcasts for free on iTunes, Stitcher, Podcast Pickle, and Podfeed.
The Less Desirables, a pun on both the hosts themselves and the method to obtain the podcast material, scrape the scintillating news that falls under the mainstream radar. Today, with corporate media continuously pursuing the hottest story, The Less Desirables’ goal is not to be in the national news race. Through quality reporting with humor sprinkled in, our objective is to promote the people and organizations that are making a difference on both the local and national platforms regardless of their fame.
You can also follow The Less Desirables through our various social media links and blogs. However, it begs the question…
Is it Wednesday yet?
July 23rd – David Jones from Drink the Sunshine Energy Drink joins us this week to discuss his company’s delicious drink. After launching the product a year ago, Drink The Sunshine has become the energy drink of choice for many North Carolinians. Find out why with our riveting interview with David, and some more fun facts about the product.
David was kind enough to help us with this week’s pop culture topics:
- We introduce 5 x 5 in our Music section – our personal top 5 albums of all-time from all 4 of us, plus the top 5 albums released this week.
- New music by Fairgrounds, titled, “Cover to Cover.”
- Eugene is pleased that “Fargo” was renewed for a second season – more TV goodies in his update.
- Brian puts to rest all of the MLB Trading Deadline rumors in Sports.
- Tim has the newest movies on Blu-Ray, and reviews his Movie of the Week, “Close Encounters with the Third Kind.”
- Apple 6 rumors in Tech.
- Stone’s Saison is your Beer of the Week!
July 16th - Executive Director of the Piedmont Triad Apartments Association Jon Lowder joins us this week to discuss his organization’s work within the community, and how they educate housing communities so that residents can trust their services. Learn all about PTAA’s endeavors, including their leadership in a large scale Second Harvest Food Bank drive each year!
Jon sticks around to help the guys out with this week’s pop culture topics!
- Tim has your new movie releases on Blu-Ray, and reviews his Movie of the Week, “Trains, Planes, and Automobiles.”
- Brian reviews LeBron James’ return to Cleveland, the closing of the World Cup, and looks ahead to the second half of the MLB season.
- Eugene runs down the latest list of premieres and cancellations in TV.
- The Line app is about to launch an IPO; does America care? We discuss in Tech.
- New music, including a tune from Winston’s own, The Near Strangers.
- SweetWater’s “Take Two Pils” is your Beer of the Week!